We are honored to be showing a new annual collection from our friend and collaborator, Akio Nukaga. This year’s solo show features one-of-a-kind, handmade ceramic vessels that reflect Akio’s growth as an artist, moving from functional pieces to more sculptural forms that combine his signature pleated technique with newly developed approaches. It’s an exciting moment in Akio’s creative journey and we’re glad to be able to share it with the Heath community.
As many of you know, past Akio collections have sold out online in a snap, so this year we are trying something new to accommodate all our friends and collectors in different timezones. We will release the collection in three groupings over the course of three consecutive days, at three different times. You can sign up to receive notifications by SMS shortly before each group goes on sale, in order to have access to the pieces as soon as they’re available.
You can view the collection in its entirety online and in our SF showroom during the dates of the Akio preview, listed below. Prices will range from $300 to $2,200.Preview:
July 13, 2022 - July 26, 2022 online
July 14, 2022 - July 23, 2022 in our San Francisco Mission ShowroomSale:
Release 1: Tuesday July 26, 2022, at 9am PDT, online only
Release 2: Wednesday July 27, 2022, at 12pm PDT, online only
Release 3: Thursday July 28, 2022, at 4pm PDT, online only
We want to give everyone the best opportunity to collect an Akio piece. Here are some tips for shopping the sale:
- Visit the online or in-store gallery during the preview dates and take note of which pieces you are interested in. Please review the product details carefully, taking note of what size it is, and which day it is being released.
- Sign up to to receive a text message alert shortly before the sale starts.
- Create an account before the launch to save time during the checkout process. Make sure you have entered and saved your shipping and billing address. Accepted payment methods include PayPal, Credit Card, and Apple Pay on mobile.
- On the day of each launch, sales will open at their specified time, online only.
- Items placed in your online cart will not be held during your browsing experience. If you are sure you want a piece, purchase as soon as you select, or it can be purchased by another collector.
- If you purchase multiple items over the course of the releases, the items will be packaged and shipped one at a time, ensuring safer shipping. If you are in the SF area, you can select curbside pickup as an alternative.
Please note that Akio’s work is meant to be used! With that said, we recommend that you hand wash any Akio pieces with a mild detergent such as Seventh Generation or Planet Dishwashing Detergent and a non-abrasive sponge or cloth. We also recommend that you do not place these items in the oven or the microwave.
Thank you for joining us for another year of celebrating Akio’s work.